GreatCheese.com2011-11-08Steak and Cheese Crostini: Fresh Mozzarella, Baguette Bread, Olive Oil, Butter, Red Onion, Brown Sugar, Roast Beef, Salt and Pepper
Steak and Cheese Crostini
- 12 oz. Sorrento® Fresh Mozzarella, sliced
- 1 loaf Baguette Bread
- 1/4 cup Olive Oil
- 2 tbs Butter
- 1 large Red Onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup Brown Sugar
- 6 slices Roast Beef, thinly sliced
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Slice 6 slices of baguette with a bias cut (angled).
- Put on a baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until crispy.
- Remove from oven.
- Sauté onion, butter, brown sugar, salt and pepper on medium heat.
- Cook until onions are soft and light brown. You may need to add a Tbsp. of water to thin the glaze.
- Roll each slice of roast beef and place on top of each baguette.
- Place a slice of fresh mozzarella on each and top with caramelized onions.