No matter what you're making, make it delicious with great cheese
Lasagna Rolletes with Asparagus and Prosciutto
- 15 oz. Sorrento® Ricotta
- 4 sheets Lasagna Noodles
- 1 lb. Asparagus
- 2 tbs Pinenuts, toasted
- 4 slices Prosciutto, thinly sliced
- 4 cups Bechamel Sauce
- 2 tbs Olive Oil (Extra Virgin)
- 1/4 cup Parsley, chopped
- Bechamel Sauce
- 5 tbs Unsalted Butter
- 4 Shallots
- 3 cloves Garlic
- 1/4 cup All-Purpose Flour
- 3 1/2 cups Whole Milk
- 3/4 tsp Nutmeg, grated
Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Cook lasagna noodles according to package directions. Reserve.
- Blanch asparagus in salted water for 1 minute. Chill in ice water. Remove and dry. Reserve spears and separate.
- Mix ½-inch asparagus pieces, ricotta, pine nuts, and salt and pepper in a small mixing bowl.
- Lay lasagna sheets out flat and line each with a slice of prosciutto. Evenly spread ricotta mixture over prosciutto.
- Roll up lasagna with mixture, ending with reserved asparagus spears. Turn rolletes on end so that spears lay flat and spiral can be seen from the sides.
- Place rolletes in individual baking dishes, each topped with 1 cup béchamel sauce.
- Cover with foil and bake for 20 minutes to warm through. Drizzle each with olive oil. Top with parsley.
Bechamel Sauce Directions
- Melt butter until foaming in medium saucepan on medium.
- Add shallots or onions and garlic and cook until soft and translucent, about 4 minutes.
- Stir in flour and cook for about 2 minutes making sure not to brown.
- Whisk in milk slowly and bring mixture to boil. Stir in nutmeg. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer 10 minutes, whisking occasionally.
Discover recipes that are sure to please.