No matter what you're making, make it delicious with great cheese
Low-Fat Shrimp Quesadillas-Ricotta & Feta
- 6 oz. Président® Fat Free Feta
- 15 oz. Black Beans, drained
- 3/4 cup Tomatoes, diced
- 1/2 cup Red Onion, chopped fine
- 3/4 cup Red and Green Peppers, diced
- 1 tsp Jalepeno Peppers, diced
- 1 tsp Fresh Cilantro, chopped
- 1 tbs Lemon Juice
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- 15 oz. Sorrento® Fat Free Ricotta
- 4 Whole Wheat Flour Tortillas
- 16 oz. Grilled or steamed shimp, chopped
- 3/4 cup Red Onion, chopped
- 3/4 cup Tomato, chopped
(Salsa can be made two day's in advance and kept covered in the refrigerator)
In a mixing bowl combine all ingredients and stir with a rubber spatula, until all is coated. Set aside in refrigerator.
Pre-heat oven to 250 degrees. In a mixing bowl, season ricotta cheese with half the amount of feta-salsa mixture. Lay tortilla shells out on flat surface. Spread ricotta cheese mixture over two tortilla shells, then layer with shrimp, tomatoes and onions. Top the tortillas and mixture with the other two tortilla shells. Heat a 12-inch non-stick fry pan to medium high heat. Brown the tortillas flipping once. Put quesadillas on a baking sheet in oven to finish melting cheese for about 5 minutes. Remove from oven cut each into 4 slices or wedges. Top with remaining feta-salsa mixture.
Discover recipes that are sure to please.