Pumpkin and Spinach Lasagna with Béchamel Sauce
- 8 oz. Sorrento® Mozzarella, shredded
- 15 oz. Sorrento® Ricotta
- 3 cups Pumpkin, prepared
- 1 Egg
- 4 1/2 cups Bechamel Sauce
- 12 sheets Lasagna Noodles (No Boil)
- 10 oz. Frozen Chopped Spinach, thawed, drained and squeezed dry
- 1 cup Parmesan
Preheat oven to 400F
- In a medium bowl, combine the ricotta, pumpkin, and egg. Season with salt and pepper.
- Spray a 13x9-inch baking dish with cooking spray. Spread 1 1/2 cups béchamel sauce on bottom of pan. Top with 4 sheets of noodles, overlapping slightly.
- Spread 1/2 of the ricotta mixture over the noodles followed by 1/2 thespinach, 1 cup béchamel, and 1/2 cup Parmesan.
- Continue with layer of noodles, the remaining ricotta mixture, 1 cup béchamel, and 1/2 cup Parmesan.
- Top with last layer of 4 noodles, and remaining spinach, béchamel, and mozzarella.
- Cover with parchment and then aluminum foil. Bake for 40 minutes until slightly bubbling. Remove foil and parchment and continue to bake until top is browned, about 10 minutes more. Cool 15 minutes before serving to allow lasagna to set up.
- 5 Tbsp. unsalted butter
- 4 shallots or 1 medium yellow onion, minced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 3 1/2 cups whole milk
- 3/4 tsp. nutmeg, grated
- Melt butter until foaming in medium saucepan on medium.
- Add shallots or onion and garlic and cook until soft and translucent, about 4 minutes.
- Stir in flour and cook for about 2 minutes making sure not to brown.
- Whisk in milk slowly and bring mixture to boil. Stir in nutmeg. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer 10 minutes, whisking occasionally.