Linguine with Herbed Ricotta and Eggplant
- 1 1/2 cup Sorrento® Ricotta
- 1 large Eggplant, 1/2 inch dice
- 3/4 box Linguine
- 1 tbs Rosemary, chopped
- 10 Basil Leaves, fresh
- 5 Sage Leaves, chopped
- 1/2 cup Parsley, chopped
- 4 tbs Olive Oil (Extra Virgin), divided
- Chop the herbs in a food processor until chopped fine. Add the ricotta and mix well. Season with salt and pepper. Reserve.
- Cook the eggplant in 2 Tbsp. olive oil in a large sauté pan on mediumhigh heat until eggplant is soft and starts to caramelize, about 8 minutes.
- While eggplant is cooking, cook the linguine in salted water until al dente. Drain, reserving 3 Tbsp. cooking liquid.
- Toss cooked pasta with eggplant, ricotta mixture, and reserved cooking liquid. Season with salt and pepper. Serve with drizzle of the rest of the olive oil.