Penne with Sausage, Butternut Squash, and Kale
Total Time: 40 minutes
- 8 oz. Home Style Shredded Mozzarella
- 1 lb. Butternut Squash, peeled
- 2 tbs Olive Oil (Extra Virgin)
- 8 oz. Italian Sausage , casing removed
- 2 cloves Garlic, minced
- 1 bunch of Kale Stems, chopped fine
- 1 1/2 cup Chicken Stock
- 1 1/2 cup Tomato Sauce
- 12 oz. Penne Pasta, cook as directed
Turn oven to broil.
- Sauté squash, seasoned with salt and pepper, in olive oil on medium heat in a large skillet until browned and tender, about 12 minutes. Remove from pan.
- Add sausage to pan, crumbling as you add. Cook on medium heat until browned, about 5 minutes.
- Add garlic and kale and cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add stock, tomato sauce, cooked squash, and bring to a simmer. Reduce heat to low and cook for 5 minutes to soften kale. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add sauce mixture to pasta in a 13x9-inch baking dish. Top with mozzarella and broil for 3–5 minutes until cheese is bubbly.